The mountains constitute a significant part of Bulgaria and are dominant in the southwest and central parts of the country. The most famous ski-resorts without doubt are: Bansko and Borovets.
Bansko is Bulgaria’s No1 ski resort, having the best and most modern ski centre. It is just 160 kilometers away from Sofia. During the recent years a big investment in a brand new skiing area has been made. Bansko has the best snow record and the longest ski season from mid December till May of all Bulgarian ski resorts. A brand new resort area with super luxury hotels and holiday apartments is being developed just opposite the Gondola lift, which also makes Bansko the resort with the best hotels.
Borovets is the oldest Bulgarian winter resort with a history from 1896. It is situated in the eastern part of Rila mountain. Usually the slopes of Borovets have snow cover from mid December till April. The distance from Sofia is only 72 km. The ski runs are 45 kilometers various in difficulty and length. Borovets is full of bars, cafes, night clubs, and discos.
• Winter BBQ Festival with live music and ice bar
• Train trip during the mountains
• Cable car riding with lunch in a hut and biking down
• Mountain SPA, massage in sunbeds in the mountain
• Visit the former Royal Palace – Royal Bistritsa
• Horse riding
• Visit the Dancing Bears Park
Team building activities:
• Snow tubing
• Winter funny Olympic games
• Snowmobile adventure rally
• Make an igloo
• Ski race
• Rafting and Canyoning
• Learning bulgarian folk dances, horo and woodcarving workshop
Get the personal experience with our Sample Incentive program for Bulgaria mountains